[CCWG-ACCT] Who is managing the lawyers and what have they been asked to do?

Mathieu Weill mathieu.weill at afnic.fr
Fri Jul 3 14:01:25 UTC 2015

Dear Robin, All,

Indeed we are just closing a call with the lawyers who were reporting on
the progress of their work regarding our request from last thursday's
meeting.

This was part of our effort to manage the relationship with the lawyers,
as discussed in previous meetings. We will report in more details during
next Tuesday's CCWG call.

The call was recorded and transcribed. All calls between co chairs and
lawyers are mentioned on the wiki.

Best
Mathieu

Le 03/07/2015 15:17, Avri Doria a écrit :
> Hi,
>
> It seems the chairs are doing this.
>
> They are having, at least one, closed call with the lawyers that is
> being recorded so we can know after the fact what they have done.
>
> At least it isn't a secret meeting as it was posted in the calendar.
> But when i tried to observe I was told i needed to drop off.
>
> avri
>

> On 03-Jul-15 08:57, Robin Gross wrote:
>> After the legal sub-team was disbanded, I haven't been able to follow what communications are happening with CCWG and the independent lawyers we retained.
>>
>> I understand the lawyers are currently "working on the various models" and will present something to us regarding that work soon.  However, *what exactly* have the lawyers been asked to do and *who* asked them?   If there are written instructions, may the group please see them?  Who is now taking on the role of managing the outside attorneys for this group, including providing instructions and certifying legal work?
>>
>> Sorry, but I'm really trying to understand what is happening, and there doesn't seem to be much information in the public on this (or if there is, I can't find it).  Thanks for any information anyone can provide.
>>
>> Best,
>> Robin

> ---

Mathieu WEILL