[CCWG-ACCT] Staff accountability

Jordan Carter jordan at internetnz.net.nz
Thu Jul 16 02:02:05 UTC 2015

I am interested in the idea of an inquiry or inspectorate function. We have
an Auditor-General in NZ who can do these things. Parliamentary scrutiny
also works but can sometimes be more politicised / less impartial.

Will read the WP3 doc with interest.

cheers
Jordan

On 16 July 2015 at 03:50, Phil Corwin <psc at vlaw-dc.com> wrote:

>  “For those powers delegated to the staff without board oversight, we do
> think there should be accountability measures.”
>

> Jeff, that formulation is necessary but insufficient. There also may be
> staff powers where the Board has discretionary oversight but fails to
> exercise it. And for any staff action that is unfair to a stakeholder or
> group, or that arguably violates the Bylaws, there should be means of
> redress.
>

> There may well be other potential situations, but that’s what I come up
> with at the moment.
>

> Best, Philip
>

> *Philip S. Corwin, Founding Principal*
>
> *Virtualaw LLC*
>
> *1155 F Street, NW*
>
> *Suite 1050*
>
> *Washington, DC 20004*
>
> *202-559-8597/Direct*
>
> *202-559-8750/Fax*
>
> *202-255-6172/cell*
>

> *Twitter: @VlawDC*
>

> *"Luck is the residue of design" -- Branch Rickey*

Jordan Carter

Chief Executive
*InternetNZ*

04 495 2118 (office) | +64 21 442 649 (mob)
jordan at internetnz.net.nz
Skype: jordancarter

*A better world through a better Internet *