[CCWG-ACCT] Staff accountability

Malcolm Hutty malcolm at linx.net
Fri Jul 17 07:11:22 UTC 2015

Dear Chairs,

> On 17 Jul 2015, at 00:40, Kieren McCarthy <kieren at kierenmccarthy.com> wrote:
>

> I would argue it is the ability for the existing community to hold hearings in which they are able to compel information and witness testimony.

Will this idea be considered, or is it deemed too late? When would be an appropriate moment on the agenda to raise it for consideration?

If we are still open to considering emerging issues, I would also ask that we add Larry Strickling's suggestion that we add text to the Bylaws saying that the only role of the Board in approving a decision is to certify that a community consensus has been reached. (I'm not clear whether Mr Strickling was referring only to the development of gTLD policy or decisions more broadly, but that can be examined if the suggestion is considered).

Malcolm