[CCWG-ACCT] Meeting CWG requirements for IANA Budget - pls comment

Steve Crocker steve at shinkuro.com
Sat Jul 18 15:20:30 UTC 2015

Jordan, et al,

A potentially unintended consequence of the wording might be an inability to INCREASE the IANA budget should the need arise.  If a need arises for the PTI do something not anticipated in its annual budget, ICANN ought to be able to provide the additional funds.  I think these words, as written, impose the same barrier for adding funds as there would be for reducing the funding.

Another concern is who determines what the budget should be and on what basis.  Do we want to put the PTI in the position of campaigning to the community to put pressure on ICANN management to increase its budget each year?

Thanks,

Steve