[CCWG-ACCT] Individual ICANN Board Members removal requirements

Greg Shatan gregshatanipc at gmail.com
Sat Jul 18 15:37:04 UTC 2015

 Part of the community is saying removal of board members should be
> questioned by CMSM before CMSM exercises such power, while other part of
> the community are saying CMSM should not question such move from respective
> SO/ACs

For a member or members appointed by a particular SO/AC, the SO/AC will
have the right to remove that member without any questioning or
interference from other SO/ACs (or the CMSM as a whole.  I don't think I
heard any significant support for questioning or interference by other
SO/ACs (or the CMSM as a whole) in this scenario.

This is distinct from the issue of "Total (board) Recall."

Greg