[CCWG-ACCT] Notes-Recordings-Transcript links for Face to Face - Paris - Day 2, Session 2 (18 July)
kimberly.carlson at icann.org
Mon Jul 20 14:25:09 UTC 2015
Sorry for the delay.
The notes, recordings and transcripts for the Face to Face - Paris - Day 2, Session 2 (18 July)will be available here:
A copy of the notes and action items may be found below.
· to more closely focus the IRP to identify if ICANN has failed to act, and satisfy the statutory claims of the sole member
· community selection process to designate members of the panel. To create a pre-vetted pool of members and alternates
· standing: available to person or entity materially harmed, by action or inaction.
· tender a process to find an organisation to set-up the IRP court, though an RFP from well qualified candidates
· expertise: beyond technical, e.g. diplomatic, regulatory
· diversity: aspirational diversity, and some suggestions for caps, minimum or maximum from a region
· scope: for any violation of the bylaws, and under the mission and core values ICANN has an obligation to follow documented policy and act without discrimination
· Exhaustion: can't sit on the sidelines of a police development process, there is an obligation to be part of the process
· Some contemplation of having to go to ombudsman or reconsideration process before launch of an IRP.
· the period of the consideration should be fixed, as a WS2 effort to define processes.
· Criteria for appeal will be established. Avoiding frivolous or insubstantive claims
· Diversity important for the panel.
· Community driven, but the Board will also have a say.
· CCWG to continue to developed rules of procedure
· Consideration of issues out of scope of the IRP
· Appels procedure, avoiding a continuous loop.
· Support for the enhanced IRP
2. - Removal / recall Board members
· should be open and transparent
· support for the appointing SO/AC being able to remove their director
· Provided 3 option for removal of NomCom appointed directors
· The single member does the removal, but on instruction from the SO/AC
· NomCom removal process to be discussed/agreed
· Assume this power will be exercised as the other powers, with petition and thresholds for agreements
· Need to synchronise with the reference model, the community forum and voting mechanisms
· To be aware of the CWG dependencies
· Most feedback was that the appointing body would be the remover.
· Principle of fairness, the criteria of what constitutes cause should be available to all appointed.
· Thresholds should be consistent across SO/AC and NomCom.
· The decision threshold in the proposal is the same for all Directors
· Notion of fairness and criteria for removal should be considered by WP3
· Sébastien Bachollet expresses concern and a member's minority view on Director removal
· Concern noted that the ability for the appointing body to remove a Director may turn that person into a representative of that body, not to serve ICANN as a whole.
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
More information about the Accountability-Cross-Community