[CCWG-ACCT] [WP1] New section - ICANN Community Assembly

Jordan Carter jordan at internetnz.net.nz
Sun Jul 26 22:20:36 UTC 2015

hi Ed, all

Thanks for the reminder about the number -  it was simply a mistake by me
to put 7 not 8.

There is a misconception in your note that I want to highlight. There
aren't "five voting members" of the ICA.

There aren't any votes in the ICA.

The ICA doesn't make any decisions.

It is a discussion forum only.

In terms of ensuring that the points of view across the community are
teased out in advance of the exercise of any community powers, broad
participation is good.

If we set the threshold for triggering an out of cycle face to face meeting
high enough, then the chances of such a meeting and the associated costs
remain low/unlikely.

My nomination of five was indeed based on the CCWG approach. I don't mind
where we land, but the balance is between cost and completeness (if SOs and
ACs insist on equal support in such matters, anyhow).

best
Jordan

Email: jordan at internetnz.net.nz
Skype: jordancarter

*A better world through a better Internet *