[CCWG-ACCT] Call(s) on Thursday

George Sadowsky george.sadowsky at gmail.com
Wed Jul 29 11:21:39 UTC 2015

Nigel,

What follows is totally my personal opinion.

I am less than a mere participant, having joined this conversation essentially too late to be meaningfully informed and involved.

However, I do share with you the magnitude of the changes that are being proposed, along with inadequate time to explore their ramifications.  I would rather see a solid governance structure for the future and a delayed transition as opposed to a transition that meets the current deadline and a a untested and incomplete governance structure that seriously harms the organization.

In the 1970s Fred Brooks, the designer of the IBM 360 series, wrote a book called "The Mythical Man Month,"  Its very good reading, with application to a lot of current day issues.  One of its chapters is titled, "There's never time to do it right, but there's always time to do it over."  I worry that this will be the outcome of the current CCWG exercise.

George