[CCWG-ACCT] [WP1] Revised draft - Voting weights in community mechanism

Malcolm Hutty malcolm at linx.net
Wed Jul 29 14:48:24 UTC 2015

On 29/07/2015 15:17, Dr Eberhard Lisse wrote:
> What does it matter what he envisages?

Well, I would find it useful in helping me to understand whether what he
describes is an outrageous limitation on the prerogatives of my SO that
fundamentally threatens the bottom-up multistakeholder system we all
love and cherish, or a vital check on a potential loophole that would
enable the unlimited expansion of ICANN's mission, without which
safeguard we risk the death of the diverse, polycentric multistakeholder
system we all love and cherish.

> But, for the thousand's time, NOBODY other than the Board can
> "block" ccNSO policy.  And, NOBODY, other than an individual ccTLD
> Manager can speak for that ccTLD. Whether a member of ccNSO or not.

I heard your view before.

If the policy requires a bylaws change however (and I can't imagine why
it would, which is why I'm asking) then surely it's at least possible
that the rest of the community have an interest in that aspect of it?
Depending on the nature of the bylaws change, I suppose. I'll suspect
I'll know more clearly what I think when Chris explains what's on his mind.

--
            Malcolm Hutty | tel: +44 20 7645 3523
   Head of Public Affairs | Read the LINX Public Affairs blog

                 London Internet Exchange Ltd
           21-27 St Thomas Street, London SE1 9RY

         Company Registered in England No. 3137929