[CCWG-ACCT] Voting weights in community mechanism

Malcolm Hutty malcolm at linx.net
Wed Jul 29 20:14:11 UTC 2015

> On 29 Jul 2015, at 20:37, Mathieu Weill <mathieu.weill at afnic.fr> wrote:
>
> A concern has come to our attention with this latest, new, proposal. If SSAC and RSSAC have 10 votes out of 35, they could jointly block a Board recall (75% votes required, 27 votes). Since they are both composed of individuals appointed by the Board, some may question their independence in case such a power is triggered. This could raise concerns of conflicts of interest.

It's not just that. If we go with the algorithm that an abstention has the same effect as a vote against (as discussed on the call yesterday) then they will be certain to block recall, since these two organisations have made it abundantly clear that they do not wish to vote, do not consider it appropriate to their mandate, and have no intention of doing so under any circumstances.