[CCWG-ACCT] Section 5A -- Community Mechanism

Jordan Carter jordan at internetnz.net.nz
Wed Jul 29 21:27:35 UTC 2015

Hi all

On 30 July 2015 at 09:08, Seun Ojedeji <seun.ojedeji at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi Grace, all
>
> Thanks for sharing this. Kindly find minor comments below:
>
> - I believe there were minority views about not allowing individual SO/AC
> remove its board member without consulting with/engaging the entire
> community.(unless the community forum as described in 5A.3 would be
> applicable)

The requirement to consult is set out in the 5B section that deals with
that power - it's entirely there. It would be a good idea to mention it tho
in this introductory phase.

cheers
Jordan

- "Where  an  SO  or  an  AC joins  or  leaves  the  community  mechanism,
> it  cannot  reverse  this decision until at least one year has passed from
> the end of the relevant notice period. "
> I think months should be used instead of year. So 12month will be
> applicable in this context.

Good to note that the community forum concerns has been addressed.

> Regards
> On 29 Jul 2015 9:45 pm, "Grace Abuhamad" <grace.abuhamad at icann.org> wrote:
>
> Dear all,
>
> Please find attached the compiled and updated documents for the Community
> Mechanism section. The edits are based on the CCWG plenary call and the WP1
> call yesterday. There is a redline and a clean version and PDF versions for
> each.
>
> Best,
> Grace

Jordan Carter

Chief Executive
*InternetNZ*

+64-495-2118 (office) | +64-21-442-649 (mob)
Email: jordan at internetnz.net.nz
Skype: jordancarter

*A better world through a better Internet *