[CCWG-ACCT] [WP1] Revised draft - Voting weights in community mechanism

Chris Disspain ceo at auda.org.au
Thu Jul 30 03:13:01 UTC 2015

Thanks Mathieu.

> Did that ever happen or is that even conceivable ?

I don’t think it has happened but it’s not inconceivable and we need to allow for the possibility IMO.

Also, note that a block may be achieved by blocking a by-law change that is necessary for the implementation of policy.

Further, under the current plans there is nothing to prevent the other SOs/ACs blocking a change to the by-law under which each of the SOs and ACs operates. I’d argue that a change to the ccNSO by-law as a result, for example, of a review of the ccNSO would be a matter for ‘approval’ by the ccNSO and not something that should be blockable by  the other SOs or ACs.

To avoid any misunderstanding, I am NOT attempting to use this as way of hi-jacking the concept of blocking by-law changes but rather raising the matter to ensure we cover all bases. Are the SOs and ACs happy to have changes to the by-laws(s) by which they operate open to block by others ? If yes, so be it. If no, then we need a way around that.

Cheers,

Chris