[CCWG-ACCT] way forward and minority statements

Dr Eberhard Lisse el at lisse.NA
Thu Jul 30 16:19:18 UTC 2015

Steve,

of course you can't find it there.  Because it doesn't exist.

And giving the eminence of the proposer and the resources poured
into this by his employer I doubt that this is an oversight.

If we had time to consider these things properly this would not
happen. But thanks for checking.

You recall that I objected to the restriction, and the Co-Chair
counted participants as members against which I objected.

Anything more restrictive than

	Within its mission and in its operations, ICANN will be
	committed to respect, and ensure the respect of, fundamental
	human rights.

is utterly unacceptable.

greetings, el

On 2015-07-30 16:59, Steve DelBianco wrote:
> The compromise text says "fundamental human rights of the exercise
> of free expression and the free flow of information”.
>
> But I do not find “free flow if information” on the UN list of
> fundamental human rights.  Where is that right stated as
> fundamental?
[...]