[CCWG-ACCT] revised text for Stress Test 18

Christopher Wilkinson lists at christopherwilkinson.eu
Thu Jul 30 16:57:41 UTC 2015

With a view to our next conference call, may I suggest that it may be perceived to be inappropriate and very likely to be ineffective for CCWG to appear to try and dictate to GAC its own decision making processes.
One might also recall that ICANN is obliged to take account of appliccable 'local law' (Article 4 of the Articles of Incorporation). In which case ICANN would be ill advised to ignore advice from the jurisdiction(s) most concerned.

The NTIA requirement relates to an hypothetical 'Iinter-Governmental' solution. GAC is not an inter-governmental entity in that sense.

CW