[CCWG-ACCT] so what is the current outcome on human rights.

Malcolm Hutty malcolm at linx.net
Thu Jul 30 23:10:25 UTC 2015

On 30/07/2015 23:59, Kavouss Arasteh wrote:
> Dear All
> Grec ,s proposal got 11 in favour and 8 against( those voted for Keith, s proposal)
> Keith,s proposal got 8 in favour and 11 against( those voted for Grec, s proposal)
> My proposal got 8 in favour and 4 against
> We thus need to identify the proposal that gained a more clear majority

I don't think we do. I think we have identified that no proposal had a
consensus, which is what our charter enjoins us to seek.

Our charter describes a Consensus as
" a position where a small minority disagrees, but most agree"

Nothing in our charter asks us to look for a majority. Indeed, our
charter specifically warns us

"In a rare case, the chair(s) may decide that the use of a poll is
reasonable to assess the level of support for a recommendation. However,
care should be taken in using polls that they do not become votes, as
there are often disagreements about the meanings of the poll questions
or of the poll results."

That warning seems to preclude poking through the bones of those polls
in an effort to divine which has "a more clear majority".

--
            Malcolm Hutty | tel: +44 20 7645 3523
   Head of Public Affairs | Read the LINX Public Affairs blog

                 London Internet Exchange Ltd
           21-27 St Thomas Street, London SE1 9RY

         Company Registered in England No. 3137929