[CCWG-ACCT] are we covered on oversight on board decisions wrt IFR recommendations

Grace Abuhamad grace.abuhamad at icann.org
Fri Jul 31 21:45:39 UTC 2015

Hi Robin,

The CWG-Stewardship chairs reviewed the requirements, as did our independent
legal counsel, and both confirmed that the CCWG-Accountability had met their
requirements. My understanding is that this is reflected in the ³Fulfillment
of Requirements² section, and reflected in the draft through the IRP and
Community Mechanism. The text from the "Fulfillment of Requirements² section
is as follows:

As requested by the CWG-Stewardship, the community can use the Independent
Review process (see Section 4) to challenge a decision by the Board not to
implement a recommendation coming out of an IANA Function Review.

Hope this helps,
Grace