[CCWG-ACCT] Speaking of our Adviser recommendations

Bruce Tonkin Bruce.Tonkin at melbourneit.com.au
Tue Jun 2 02:12:07 UTC 2015

Hello Avri,

>>  Just wanted to say how impressed I was to hear several of our advisers pointing out that the work we had done to date had not emphasized Human Rights in our principles.  And that it was important we did so.

Perhaps it could be more explicit in our core values?

I assume you are not talking so much about the right to food and shelter, or no-one should be a slave etc  (part from perhaps the volunteers at ICANN that might feel that way at times :-))  - but more specifically you are talking about the right to freedom of speech etc.   ie it would be useful to pull out the sections of the Universal Declaration of Human Rights that are relevant to ICANN's narrow mission.

Regards,
Bruce Tonkin