[CCWG-ACCT] PTI Funding to cover ICANN crisis

Alan Greenberg alan.greenberg at mcgill.ca
Wed Jun 3 05:19:17 UTC 2015

As discussed during today's meeting, I would like to formally suggest
that the CCWG propose that Upon the creation of PTI, ICANN will
provide the equivalent of three years funding to PTI (both
operational and R%D), and that PTI should hold these funds in escrow
to cover any future situation where ICANN is not in a position to
adequately find approved PTI budgets (the wording will clearly need
to be refined). Furthermore, the amount provided by ICANN and held in
escrow should be adjusted annually based on the then-current budget levels.

There may need to be some adjustment of this to cover interest earned
on the escrow funds, but I suspect there are standard business terms
that cover this sort of thing.

Alan