[CCWG-ACCT] Communique - revised - any feedback by midnight Argentina time

Malcolm Hutty malcolm at linx.net
Sun Jun 21 20:59:29 UTC 2015

On 21/06/2015 21:26, Dr Eberhard W Lisse wrote:
> Dear Co-Chairs,
>
> Your Co-Chair is being quite economical with the truth.

Dear Dr Lisse,

I am getting quite tired of the repeated disrespect you are showing to
our colleagues, and your unfair attempts to impugne their integrity.

The communique was proposed to the meeting and read out. Participants
were invited to comment; there being no substantive comments, the
communique was accepted. I don't know what more deliberation you could
want. The handling was entirely proper and normal.

Your attacks on León are without a shred of justification, as were your
previous attacks on our co-chairs. He deserves your apology, as do they;
if you choose to withhold it, that reflects upon you, not on them.

Perhaps you might wish to reflect on how counter-productive your
approach is to any effort to persuade colleagues to give their attention
to your interventions, and the disservice you are doing your own cause
thereby.

I am a proud proponent of the multistakeholder model. Many on this list
are new to this model, and unused to the opportunity openness to all
does give to those who wish to be rude and disruptive. I am embarrassed
to think how they must feel when they see this spat, and the other
occasions you have mistreated colleagues here.

I can only hope that our new colleagues can look past the behaviour of
one individual and recognise the deep well of cooperation and goodwill
that characterises the rest of our work. I hope they can still find it
in themselves to agree with me that the great achievement of building a
broad base of consensus in such a challenging area is worth even the
inconvenience of suffering such rudeness.

I am sorry I have had to be so blunt, but remaining silent felt too much
like complicity in an injustice.

Sincerely,

Malcolm Hutty.

--
            Malcolm Hutty | tel: +44 20 7645 3523
   Head of Public Affairs | Read the LINX Public Affairs blog

                 London Internet Exchange Ltd
           21-27 St Thomas Street, London SE1 9RY

         Company Registered in England No. 3137929