[CCWG-ACCT] Presentation from Joint Townhall at ICANN53

Seun Ojedeji seun.ojedeji at gmail.com
Tue Jun 23 09:42:42 UTC 2015

On Tue, Jun 23, 2015 at 6:34 AM, Mathieu Weill <mathieu.weill at afnic.fr>
wrote:

>  Dear Colleagues,
>
> Browsing through the legal memos that discussed the role of the Board, I
> can suggest a statement that better defines the Board's role as such :
> "The Icann Board represents the executive entity, in charge of managing
> and directing the affairs of the corporation."

Hi Mathieu,

Is there any specific reason why you are avoiding reflecting the fact that
the board is populated by the community? Otherwsie i would have thought
Bruce's suggested edit would have been adequate. Or something similar to
below:

"The ICANN Board represents the executive entity selected/elected by the
community to be in charge of managing and directing the affairs of the
corporation."

Regards

<http://goog_1872880453>seun.ojedeji at fuoye.edu.ng
<seun.ojedeji at fuoye.edu.ng>*