[CCWG-ACCT] Notes-Recordings-Transcript links for CCWG ACCT Session #14 24 February

Seun Ojedeji seun.ojedeji at gmail.com
Sun Mar 1 18:17:45 UTC 2015

Hi,

While I understand and agree with the intent of keeping a board member
accountable through recall threat, I think it would be neater and less
subject to abuse/uncertainties if a board member knows he/she will be
removed if not acting in the interest of the community. I am of the opinion
that board should always act in the interest of the entire community(the
organisation); especially as the composition of board is not balanced per
SO/AC in representation, its members then should not act representatively.

The referenced recall process could be very much applied for the noncom
selected board members, I can't say the same for SO/AC selected members.
However if such kill switch needs to be handed to various SO/AC then I
think the recall process needs to be uniform across the communities as much
as possible; factors that remove a board member needs to be clearly defined
and should not be bent on the member solely representing his/her SO/AC.

Overall there is need to strike a balance so we don't have a board that
becomes representative in it's action but a board that is representative of
the entire community. That way it will be easier to notice if any SO/AC
board member is acting contrary and then the kill switch can be initiated
by respective SO/AC

Cheers!
sent from Google nexus 4
kindly excuse brevity and typos.