[CCWG-ACCT] Draft criteria for comparison of accountability mechanisms

RENU SIROTHIYA renusirothiya at gmail.com
Mon Mar 16 19:17:27 UTC 2015

Dear Colleagues,

Drawing from the Mathieu's propositions, I propose the following matrix for
comparative mapping. This is version 1, if agreed then this may be further
developed, refined and populated, and thereafter weights may be assigned
and added to reach conclusion.

 *Parameters and Questions to Map and Compare Effectiveness of
Accountability Options *

*Comparison Parameter*

*Corresponding Questions*

*Option A*

*Option B*

*Option C....*

Legitimacy

Is one of the options more legitimate in its nature due to higher scope for
transparency, inclusivity and rationality?

Legality

Is legality of one of the options more apparent and/or easy to establish?

Feasibility (Practical)

Is implementation of one of the options more practically feasible due to
exclusivity of system, simplicity of design and legality of process?

Viability (Financial)

Is one of the options more viable due to the simplicity of operation,
including of level of attention and resource required from the community to
make the mechanism work?

Acceptability (Recognition)

Is one of the options more supported and recognized due to historic reasons
or current legal and stability concerns?

Rationality

Is explaining one of the options, internally and externally more easy due
to its   rationality and simplicity of design?

Utility

Does one of the options provide improved review and redress?

Inclusivity

Does one of the options provide better consultation and extend
accountability to more relevant stakeholders?

Indispensability

Is one of the options indispensable due to some legal and strategic reasons?

Tenacity

Is one of the options more tenacious due to higher potential of ensuring
check and balance and predictability on one hand, and of mitigating capture
and immunities on other?

Regards,

Renu Sirothiya