[CCWG-ACCT] Fwd: AW: Engagement request from CCWG regarding GAC decision making

Kavouss Arasteh kavouss.arasteh at gmail.com
Tue Mar 17 11:54:19 UTC 2015

Dear Thomas Schneider,
In your message to accountability group YOU HAVE MENTIONED
*""  In the current operating principles, it is not specified how - in the
case of diverse views in the GAC on an issue - this diversity should be
communicated to the board. In the attempt to enhance accountability of
ICANN's processes as well as the accountability of governments to their
citizens and the global community, but also to improve ICANN's checks and
balances and to avoid any risk of capture by an individual or a small group
of governments, it may be useful to enhance transparency about the range
and spread of diversity of views among GAC members, so that - before taking
a decision - the board is best informed about this diversity and also the
whole community is able to see on what basis GAC advice is formulated and
that it is able to assess to what extent such advice has been "duly taken
into account".*
I am not sure that such a debate should be opened as it does not get to any
finding . There are a lot of cases  that GAC might have diversity .
How you wish to address that in the BYLAWS.
I SEE NO POINT TO ADDRESS THESE VARIETY AND DIVERSITYY
KVOUSSD