[CCWG-ACCT] Draft criteria for comparison of accountability mechanisms

Roelof Meijer Roelof.Meijer at sidn.nl
Tue Mar 17 17:19:19 UTC 2015

Dear Mathieu, all,

I think the questions are quite a good start. „Greater”, „better” and
„improved” are of course very subjective, but I do not have a „better”
approach.

I suggest we add a question that refers to the „powers” we identified
(vetoing board decision to change bylaws, vetoing strategic plan,
recalling board etc), something like: „does the mechanism enables the
execution of the powers identified”. We might also want to add a category
„support from CCWG members”, as this would be in indicator for community
support (hopefully..)

For the process, I suggest we design some sort of a scorecard, in which
for every criterium a mechanism’s suitability (or effectiveness) is scored
e.g. on a scale from 1 (very poor) to five (excellent). The total score of
a mechanism would at least give some indication about its overall
suitability. If necessary, we could give different criteria different
weights, according to importance.

Best,

Roelof