[CCWG-ACCT] [WP1] Draft criteria for comparison of accountability mechanisms

Mathieu Weill mathieu.weill at afnic.fr
Wed Mar 18 08:52:17 UTC 2015

Dear Renu, Malcolm, Roelof & colleagues,

Based on our discussion during the call yesterday, I think we have
touched upon some of the concerns raised as well as useful things to
consider going forward.

First, we clarified this tool would not be used for systematic rating of
proposals but rather as a tool to better understand the impact of
various options and frame the discussions in a manner that remains
focused on the objective requirements.

We have also received interesting inputs about the criteria themselves.
Legality (following legal advice on feasability for instance) as well as
synergy (ability for a mechanism to be used for several powers, or rely
on existing mechanisms) are added to the list. However we need to try
and keep this as simple as possible.

I have attached an updated version incorporating these inputs.

Best
Mathieu

--
Mathieu WEILL