[CCWG-ACCT] CCWG Advisors joining Istanbul meeting

Adam Peake adam.peake at icann.org
Thu Mar 19 00:27:27 UTC 2015

Hi everyone,

I understand your concerns.   We are working on a solution and will let you
know shortly.

Thank you for your understanding.

Best,

Adam

From:  Jordan Carter <jordan at internetnz.net.nz>
Date:  Wednesday, March 18, 2015 at 7:25 PM
To:  Phil Corwin <psc at vlaw-dc.com>
Cc:  Edward Morris <egmorris1 at toast.net>, Adam Peake <adam.peake at icann.org>,
Accountability Cross Community <accountability-cross-community at icann.org>
Subject:  Re: [CCWG-ACCT] CCWG Advisors joining Istanbul meeting

All: I see the utility of the advisors having a meeting on their own, but
agree with the perception issue created if staff are briefing them or
providing background absent CCWG members.

Can I suggest that the best way to do this would be for one of the co-chairs
to be in the room with the advisors when staff are there, for the relevant
section of the meeting?

I don't have any view at this stage about the need for that part of the
meeting to be open to observers etc - it doesn't sound like a bad idea or a
problem to me per se to have that bit open. Open tho doesn't to me imply
remote participation etc at this point.

Cheers
Jordan