[CCWG-ACCT] Call for requirement on the issue of jurisdiction

Rahul Sharma wisdom.stoic at gmail.com
Fri Mar 20 17:08:53 UTC 2015

In addition to the below pointers identified by Mathieu, I would like to
add a few more questions for discussion:

- place and jurisdiction of incorporation
- jurisdiction of places of physical presence
- governing law for contracts
- ability to sue and be sued in a specific jurisdiction
- tax system

   - What laws should determine what domain names (including TLDs) are
   acceptable (example of '.xxx' domain)?
   - What laws determine whether domains from a particular region can be
   cancelled?
   - What laws should determine whether IP addresses or domain names are
   property or not? Should the local court decision be enforceable across the
   globe?
   - What laws should govern whether domain seizure can take place based on
   local court decisions citing IP infringement?
   - What laws should determine whether citizens of a particular nation
   states can apply for gTLDs or not?

Regards,
Rahul Sharma