[CCWG-ACCT] Public Comments

Phil Corwin psc at vlaw-dc.com
Sun Mar 22 16:58:32 UTC 2015

+1. Larry Strickling has stated that the community has only one chance to get this right. In addition, not only is September 30th not a deadline but NTIA has acknowledged that it is subject to the appropriations rider enacted in December which prohibits the transition taking place by September 30th.

A two part comment period (initial comment followed by reply) is now standard for much less important issues addressed by the ICANN community, so that certainly should be the minimum expected for a permanent new accountability framework. A full comment period will also facilitate the detailed fine-tuning that will improve the overall proposal, build community support, and thereby substantially reduce the likelihood of any future actions by Congress to forestall the transition.

Philip S. Corwin, Founding Principal
Virtualaw LLC
1155 F Street, NW
Suite 1050