[CCWG-ACCT] Meeting with CCWG Advisors

Avri Doria avri at acm.org
Sun Mar 22 20:52:54 UTC 2015

Hi,

In ICANN, we do have modifiers before Consensus.  And varying
definitions depending on which of the SOAC or processes we are talking
about.

In GNSO PDP processes we talk about Full Consensus versus Consensus and
that definiton of Consensus is not all that diffferent from the IETF
defintion of rough consensus; though we often use polls instead of
humming to help figure out how to continue the discussion toward consensus.

The GNSO definition is different from the GAC deffintion which I wont
presume to define.

And in defining ICANN Consensus Policy, we have yet another definition
which often depends on voting thresholds.

Personally I find it hard to talk about Consensus in ICANN without using
modifiers of some sort.

As for an ICG definition of Consensus, that is beyond my pay grade to
try and fathom.

avri

---