[CCWG-ACCT] Fwd: [CWG-Stewardship] RySG IANA Statement

Jordan Carter jordan at internetnz.net.nz
Mon Mar 23 06:44:49 UTC 2015

Hi all,

On 23 March 2015 at 05:25, Greg Shatan <gregshatanipc at gmail.com> wrote:

> I recognize that the registries have a unique and significant interest in
> the continuing operational excellence of the IANA Functions.
>
> However, I believe there needs to be a voice and a role for the rest of
> the multistakeholder community in the CSC.  I don't think this is what the
> NTIA was looking for when it sought to "transition key Internet domain
> name functions to the global multistakeholder community."  A customer only
> CSC with no other organized oversight body sounds like a registries
> paradise, but not a multistakeholder reality.

I think the difference is in the "in the CSC" bit. If there is a customer
committee for the customers, that body isn't the multistakeholder oversight
body. It can't function as such.

If the CWG ends up trying to squeeze everything (customer representation,
multistakeholder oversight, etc) into one body, it is not going to be able
to create a coherent proposal - in my opinion.

cheers
Jordan

--
Jordan Carter

Chief Executive
*InternetNZ*

04 495 2118 (office) | +64 21 442 649 (mob)
jordan at internetnz.net.nz
Skype: jordancarter

*A better world through a better Internet *