[CCWG-ACCT] [Acct-Staff] Legal sub-team update

Carrie Devorah carriedev at gmail.com
Thu Mar 26 13:59:05 UTC 2015

please understand my point is, on the greater, how few people are engaged
in this process, impacting how many.

I too received bounced back emails with information I contributed. I was
glad to read it isnt just me.

The refocus is the numbers - 7 people <> 7 billion people
Staggering

On Thu, Mar 26, 2015 at 9:27 AM, Greg Shatan <gregshatanipc at gmail.com>
wrote:

> Thank you, Seun.  That is exactly correct.  The Legal Subteam is a conduit
> for information.  Any decisions will be made by the full CCWG.  Further, I
> anticipate that any significant legal advice will be transmitted directly
> to the CCWG by the law firms, and will not be "filtered' by the Legal
> Subteam.
>
> Greg
>
> On Thu, Mar 26, 2015 at 9:20 AM, Seun Ojedeji <seun.ojedeji at gmail.com>
> wrote:
>
>> Hi Carrie,
>>
>>  I think that is not the appropriate way to view this....the way i
>> understood the role of the group is that its similar to the CWG-legal
>> committee where all they do is transmit the questions of the ccwg to the
>> legal firm and vice verse. There is definitely not going to be any decision
>> making at their level  except those related to their meeting administration
>> ofcourse).
>>
>> I think its a tidy and effective way to interact with an external firm
>> that is not directly involved in this process.
>>
>> Regards
>>
>> On Thu, Mar 26, 2015 at 2:12 PM, Carrie <carriedev at gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>>> 7 people deciding policy affecting billions around the world one would
>>> expect contributions from persons on other committees would be welcomed.
>>> Moreso considering failure to engage more 'volunteers' and volunteer
>>> burnout.
>>>
>>> Carrie Devorah
>>> Www.centerforcopyrightintegrity.com
>>>
>>> Sent from my iPhone
>>>
>>> On Mar 26, 2015, at 4:09 AM, Alice Jansen <alice.jansen at icann.org>
>>> wrote:
>>>
>>> Dear León,
>>> This is to confirm that Samantha Eisner has no posting rights.
>>> Best regards
>>> Alice
>>>
>>>   From: León Felipe Sánchez Ambía <leonfelipe at sanchez.mx>
>>> Date: Thursday, March 26, 2015 6:31 AM
>>> To: Samantha Eisner <Samantha.Eisner at icann.org>
>>> Cc: ACCT-Staff <acct-staff at icann.org>, CCWG Accountability <
>>> accountability-cross-community at icann.org>, Lisse Eberhard <
>>> directors at omadhina.net>, Kieren McCarthy <kieren at kierenmccarthy.com>
>>> Subject: Re: [Acct-Staff] [CCWG-ACCT] Legal sub-team update
>>>
>>>   Dear Samantha,
>>>
>>>  That should be correct. I hereby ask Staff to confirm that you DO NOT
>>> have posting privileges to the legal sub-team list.
>>>

>>>  Best regards,
>>>

>>>  León
>>>
>>>  El 26/03/2015, a las 1:51, Samantha Eisner <Samantha.Eisner at icann.org>
>>> escribió:
>>>
>>>  To confirm, it is my understanding that I do not have posting rights
>>> to the sub team list either.
>>>
>>>   From: Kieren McCarthy <kieren at kierenmccarthy.com>
>>> Date: Wednesday, March 25, 2015 at 4:38 PM
>>> To: León Sánchez Ambía <leonfelipe at sanchez.mx>
>>> Cc: ACCT-Staff <acct-staff at icann.org>, CCWG Accountability <
>>> accountability-cross-community at icann.org>, Lisse Eberhard <
> [...]

Sincerely
CARRIE Devorah
 562 688 2883

DISCLAIMER :
With the continuing crossing and interfacing of platforms both on & off
line both with & without our knowledge nor approval to note nothing sent
over the Internet anymore is ever private nor should be presumed to be so.
If it is that much of a secret, say nothing. If you must? Take a lesson
from our military- hand write the note, chew then swallow