[CCWG-ACCT] Fwd: [Acct-Legal] Response to Legal Sub-Team questions

Arun Sukumar arun.sukumar at nludelhi.ac.in
Mon Mar 30 09:33:24 UTC 2015

Thanks Leon. Interesting to learn this from Sidley as a possible measure to
empower the community:

"provide a membership body or a designated representative of a multi-
stakeholder body approval rights with respect to certain board decisions,
for
example that relate to budget or key policies or strategies."

Wonder if it is the same as the supervisory board concept that CCWG is
thinking of, and whether it has been implemented previously in California.

Do we submit additional questions to the legal sub-team or post them here?

On Mon, Mar 30, 2015 at 10:49 AM, León Felipe Sánchez Ambía <
leonfelipe at sanchez.mx> wrote:

> Dear all,
>
> I am forwarding the preliminary responses provided by Sidley Austin to the
> first round of questions submitted to them.
>
> I suggest you review them as input from all will be considered and is
> important for our steps forward.
>

> Best regards,
>

> León
>
> Inicio del mensaje reenviado:
>
> *De: *"Clark, Michael A." <mclark at sidley.com>
> *Para: *"ccwg-accountability5 at icann.org" <ccwg-accountability5 at icann.org>
> *Fecha: *27 de marzo de 2015 16:46:56 GMT-6
> *Cc: *"Huston, Peter K." <phuston at sidley.com>, "Schramm, Dorothee" <
> dschramm at sidley.com>
> *Asunto: **[Acct-Legal] Response to Legal Sub-Team questions*
>

> Attached are our preliminary responses to the questions directed to Sidley
> Austin by the Legal Sub-Team.  Please note that we shared responses with
> Adler and Colvin for comment, as agreed at the Legal Sub-Team meeting in
> Istanbul.  We look forward to discussing the various options with the Legal
> Sub-Team.
> *HOLLY* *GREGORY*
> Partner
>
> *Sidley Austin LLP*
> +1.212.839.5853
> holly.gregory at sidley.com
> *MICHAEL* *CLARK*
> Partner
> Sidley Austin LLP
> +1.312.853.2173
> mclark at sidley.com
>
> *[image: http://www.sidley.com/files/upload/signatures/SA-autosig.png]*
> <http://www.sidley.com/>* SIDLEY AUSTIN LLP*

> This e-mail is sent by a law firm and may contain information that is
> privileged or confidential.
> If you are not the intended recipient, please delete the e-mail and any
> attachments and notify us
> immediately.

-
@arunmsukumar <http://www.twitter.com/arunmsukumar>