[CCWG-ACCT] Introduction/presence advisory and some forthcoming messages

Andrew Sullivan ajs at anvilwalrusden.com
Mon Nov 2 16:49:14 UTC 2015

Hi all,

I gather some messages I sent over the course of the last few days
that were cc:d to the list could not be posted because I wasn't a list
member.  ICANN staff, in their usual efficient way, noticed this and
asked whether, since there was already a declaration of interests on
file for me from CWG contributions, I wanted to join the list.  Since
I guess there's a small topic that might be made more smooth if I can
reply directly, I said I would.  So I'm going to forward a few mails
from the last few days that didn't get copied here, but that should
have.  I thought I'd warn you.

Since I'm posting anyway, I want to emphasise that I do not intend in
any way to swoop in at the last minute and pretend I'm some kind of
contributor.  I repeat what I said in Dublin: I'm impressed with all
the hard work that's been going on, and I'm going to try to stay out
of most conversations unless someone asks my opinion.  I have my own
views about some things, of course, and if you think I'm failing in my
plan to keep quiet on topics where I haven't the relevant history (and
it doesn't directly touch on that IAB/IETF thing), please feel free to
tell me about the short pier where I should go a-strolling.  I do know
a lot about how we resolve certain things in the IETF and,
differently, in certain free software communities; if it would be
helpful to know about that, maybe, please don't be afraid to goose me.
Finally, since I'm here anyway, if there's text you want fresh eyes
on, feel free to send it my way.  I'm likely to ask stupid questions,
but often when you want fresh eyes those questions can help.

I hope that I can make a small contribution to bringing everything to
a successful conclusion.  Thanks for your indulgence.

Best regards,

Andrew Sullivan
ajs at anvilwalrusden.com