[CCWG-ACCT] [ajs at anvilwalrusden.com: Re: [IAB] Please review regarding IAB comments on Mission Statement]

Andrew Sullivan ajs at anvilwalrusden.com
Mon Nov 2 17:03:21 UTC 2015

The second note to Malcolm.

----- Forwarded message from Andrew Sullivan <ajs at anvilwalrusden.com> -----

Date: Sun, 1 Nov 2015 19:37:32 -0500
From: Andrew Sullivan <ajs at anvilwalrusden.com>
To: Malcolm Hutty <malcolm at linx.net>
Cc: "Burr, Becky" <Becky.Burr at neustar.biz>, "IAB at Iab.org" <IAB at Iab.org>,
	Accountability Community <accountability-cross-community at icann.org>
Subject: Re: [IAB] [CCWG-ACCT] Please review regarding IAB comments on Mission
	Statement

Hi Malcolm,

On Sun, Nov 01, 2015 at 09:13:46AM +0000, Malcolm Hutty wrote:

>     The Mission of The Internet
>     Corporation for Assigned Names and
>     Numbers ("ICANN") is to support, at
>     the overall level, certain core Internet
>     registries, and in particular to ensure
>     the stable and secure operation of the
>     Internet's unique identifier systems.
>     Specifically, ICANN:
>     [details in points 1,2,3,4 - all as you propose]
>
> I think this would better achieve the aim you describe, and would
> satisfy me entirely. Does this work for you?

I really like this.  I think it's an improvement over the earlier
proposal, and I can support it without reservation.  I've spoken to
some of my colleagues on the IAB who are most involved in this issue,
and they seem to be supportive also.  I have not undertaken a formal
consensus call with the IAB, but I can if that would be helpful (it
takes at least 48 hours and in the next couple weeks will probably
take longer -- this is IETF week in Yokohama so everyone's super busy,
and then people will have to travel home).  But I'm pretty confident
this would find general support in the IAB.

Best regards,

Andrew Sullivan
ajs at anvilwalrusden.com

----- End forwarded message -----