[CCWG-ACCT] Transparency recap (Was: Contribution on Transparency Reforms for CCWG)

Robin Gross robin at ipjustice.org
Mon Nov 2 23:33:20 UTC 2015

I completely agree with Brett.  This rush to "call consensus" where indeed there is none, for the sole purpose of ending debate of critical issues is going to come back to bite us in the end.  When people find out the dramatic shifts taken in the last couple of weeks, on very flimsy rationales, and arbitrary definitions of "consensus", our work's legitimacy will be further called into question.  I know people are tired and want this to end, but we will regret this rush job in the end, as things that weren't ever thought through are suddenly being realized as the mistakes that they are.  Shame we refuse to take the time to do the task justice.

Robin