[CCWG-ACCT] AGENDA - Call #65

Avri Doria avri at acm.org
Mon Nov 2 23:35:50 UTC 2015

Hi,

Unfortunately I will have to miss today's call as I am co-chairing a
session at the IETF in Japan at the same time.

In terms of the agenda, I want to reiterate and register my support for
consensus decision making by the Community Mechanism.  I also want to
register my support for a full community basis in the Community
Mechanism that does not a-priori exclude the ACs or designate their
contribution as worth less that that of the SOs.  The Community
Mechanism is about decisions that affect the entire organization, in
fact about the well being of the Internet community.  It is not about
TLDs or Numbers, but about ICANN as a functional organization and its
relationship to the entire Internet Community.  In such a circumstance
their is no difference between an organization that makes
recommendations or a committee that gives advice and I continue to
advocate equal footing for all SOAC in their participation at this
organizational level. I strongly support adhering to the Dublin
consensus on decision making.

I also want to reiterate my support for inclusion of the Human rights
bylaw in the WS1 outcome.  While I support the continued work of a
understanding and charting a human rights framework in WS2, I hope that
we can agree on a simple statement about ICANN's respect for human
rights within its mission and operations.  While I do not think it
necessary, I also can accept  constraining that bylaw statement by
specifically excluding enforcement of human rights as being beyond the
scope of ICANN's mission.

Thanks and again apologies for missing this important meeting.  Best
wishes for a consensus driven meeting that is forward looking and sees
ICANN as an organization dedicated to the global public interest.

avri