[CCWG-ACCT] I think I'm confused (was Re: Please review regarding IAB comments on Mission Statement)

Bruce Tonkin Bruce.Tonkin at melbourneit.com.au
Tue Nov 3 10:21:30 UTC 2015

From:  https://www.icann.org/resources/unthemed-pages/ietf-icann-mou-2000-03-01-en

"The IANA will assign and register Internet protocol parameters only as directed by the criteria and procedures specified in RFCs, including Proposed, Draft and full Internet Standards and Best Current Practice documents, and any other RFC that calls for IANA assignment. If they are not so specified, or in case of ambiguity, IANA will continue to assign and register Internet protocol parameters that have traditionally been registered by IANA, following past and current practice for such assignments, unless otherwise directed by the IESG."

AND

"The IANA shall provide on-line facilities for the public to request Internet protocol parameter assignments and shall either execute such assignments, or deny them for non-conformance with applicable technical requirements, in a timely manner. There shall be no charge for assignments without the consent of the IAB. Requests shall only be denied on legitimate technical grounds"

Regards,
Bruce Tonkin