[CCWG-ACCT] I think I'm confused (was Re: Please review regarding IAB comments on Mission Statement)

Chartier, Mike S mike.s.chartier at intel.com
Tue Nov 3 15:41:06 UTC 2015

Good idea

-----Original Message-----
From: accountability-cross-community-bounces at icann.org [mailto:accountability-cross-community-bounces at icann.org] On Behalf Of Bruce Tonkin
Sent: Tuesday, November 3, 2015 4:47 AM
To: accountability-cross-community at icann.org
Subject: Re: [CCWG-ACCT] I think I'm confused (was Re: Please review regarding IAB comments on Mission Statement)

Hello Andrew,

  >>  4.  Collaborates with other bodies as appropriate to publish core
    registries needed for the functioning of the Internet.

Why not be more specific here?

e.g

"Publishes the information on Internet protocol parameters as provided by the IETF"

Core registries sounds a bit vague to me.   We could simply use language from the current MoU between the IETF and ICANN - and reference it in the mission.

Regards,
Bruce Tonkin