[CCWG-ACCT] WP2 Issues from last night's call

Andrew Sullivan ajs at anvilwalrusden.com
Wed Nov 4 14:34:20 UTC 2015

Hi,

On Wed, Nov 04, 2015 at 02:22:25PM +0000, Chartier, Mike S wrote:
> Thanks very much for the explanation.
> I not sure I see how "If the IETF decided to move all functions, then the removal of "such as" would make the clause false"?
> The statement says ICANN provides those services "requested by" IETF, doesn't that leave the decision to IETF?

Yeah, "would" was probably too strong.  Probably more like, "I worry
that someone would believe that…."  The reason, indeed, that we picked
the "requested by" language (it wasn't mine, but one of my IAB
colleagues) was exactly to defuse that sort of problem.  I'm really
trying to be careful not to overstep.  But I can't currently think of
a reason that "such as" is really required.  (Note that it's about
23:30 on the Wednesday of an IETF week, so what I can or cannot think
at this moment may be even a poorer guide to good ideas than usual.)

Andrew Sullivan
ajs at anvilwalrusden.com