[CCWG-ACCT] For information: example of community interaction during the planning process - Dublin's planning workshop

Xavier J. Calvez xavier.calvez at icann.org
Thu Nov 5 21:14:54 UTC 2015

To illustrate a number of comments made in the past weeks/months on the positive developments of community input/interaction mechanisms embedded over the past 2 years into ICANN's planning process, you can find attached an example of communication on the workshop that was held on Sunday night 18 October in Dublin, with the active participation of 15 community members, including remotely, and 4 board members from the Finance Committee.
This workshop is the second one held (the 1st was in Singapore at ICANN 52), and is confirming to be a valuable exercise of interactive exchange, allowing for direct input that can effectively be taken into account. We will definitely repeat such workshop experience and welcome further participation to them. This is an open type of interaction, there is no set requirement for participation. It is helpful that participants have a basic knowledge of ICANN's planning process or another organization's planning process, in order to have a more effective participation, but participating to these workshops is also a good way to catch up.
The email attached is addressed to a list of participants that has been built over the past 3 years, by adding anyone interested in the planning process to it. We use the list to send materials, notifications of upcoming milestones, invitations to webinars, and feedback after workshops or webinars. There is no limitation of any kind to be added to this distribution list and we invite anyone interested to provide my team or I with an email address to be added. Being on the list does not create any specific work requirement, but simply allows to participate if desired.
I am happy to answer any questions on this or any aspect of the planning process.
Thank you.
Best,

Xavier

Xavier Calvez