[CCWG-ACCT] Work Stream 2 - Board position

Malcolm Hutty malcolm at linx.net
Fri Nov 6 11:31:33 UTC 2015

On 05/11/2015 19:59, Nigel Roberts wrote:
> I find this helpful. Well done.
>
> I do have some small reservations about the final para which reads "May
> we therefore ask the Board to formally commit to honoring WS2
> recommendations?"
>
> They can commit all they like. But what matters is whether there is any
> enforceability (to borrow a term from a source I respect) should a
> future Board not live up to the committments of the present Board.
>
> So I would hope the Board would answer with HOW they would guarantee
> their commitment (which, in good faith, I believe to be indubitable

Actually, I think the point that has been brought into question is not
whether the Board commit nor whether it is enforceable, but whether that
line of work would be pursued through the CCWG or whether it will be
dispersed.

Concerns have been expressed that dispersal will result in dissipation,
and that closing the CCWG will remove the only or most effective
mechanism to pursue WS2. Previously, we believe we had assurance that
WS2 would continue; more recently, the Board has introduced a suggestion
that that might not be the case.

So what we should be seeking to have confirmed is the Board's commitment
that this CCWG may continue to exist for the purpose of developing plans
and overseeing the implementation of WS2, and that the Board will
continue to co-operate with the CCWG during that process.

Malcolm.

--
            Malcolm Hutty | tel: +44 20 7645 3523
   Head of Public Affairs | Read the LINX Public Affairs blog

                 London Internet Exchange Ltd
       Monument Place, 24 Monument Street, London EC3R 8AJ

         Company Registered in England No. 3137929