[CCWG-ACCT] regulatory/mission issue WS2

Robin Gross robin at ipjustice.org
Fri Nov 6 19:35:37 UTC 2015

Unfortunately, this deletion would represent a big step backwards from consensus.  There were quite a few public comments from a wide range of stakeholders that made note of the importance of the phrase in the mission to limit ICANN from regulating in this matter, so deleting it now would cause considerable disturbance to the consensus and go against public comment.  I appreciate the pressure to appease the IPC, but this would be unfair to the many public commenters and other participants who have been relying on this critical language being included in the final text.

Thanks,
Robin