[CCWG-ACCT] CCWG - Executive Summary

Jordan Carter jordan at internetnz.net.nz
Tue Nov 10 13:26:51 UTC 2015

I think this summary is excellent.

To reiterate what I said on the call: I do not agree that the escalation
process should apply to the approval process for changes to fundamental
bylaws.

This is because it's an approval process, following a public consultation
etc, and because the community isn't trying to block something per se, and
because once the Board has voted on a bylaws change, it isn't a case of a
discussion with the community leading to small changes - it's the need for
a new consultation on new proposed changes to the fundamental bylaws.

So in concrete terms, I would suggest that a resolution by the Board to
propose a change to fundamental bylaws after the usual consultation
process *automatically
triggers* a conference call, and that by assent on such a call, the
community forum process could be skipped and the community could go
straight to decision.

(I think if a forum is called, that's actually an indication that more work
needs to be done and so not only should no forum be held, the change should
the forum step too.)

Hope this helps,

Jordan

On 10 November 2015 at 10:42, Bernard Turcotte <turcotte.bernard at gmail.com>
wrote:

> All,
>
> Please find attached the first full draft of the executive summary which
> will be discussed on the call tomorrow.
>
> Apologies for the delay in getting this out but people have been working
> almost around the clock.
>
> Bernard Turcotte
> Staff Support
>
> for the co-chairs.

Jordan Carter

Chief Executive
*InternetNZ*

+64-4-495-2118 (office) | +64-21-442-649 (mob)
Email: jordan at internetnz.net.nz
Skype: jordancarter
Web: www.internetnz.nz

*A better world through a better Internet *