[CCWG-ACCT] Attempt to summarize discussion regarding Mission and Contract

Malcolm Hutty malcolm at linx.net
Thu Nov 12 13:13:43 UTC 2015

On 12/11/2015 13:01, Alan Greenberg wrote:
> I must again repeat that the ALAC was very concerned that the generic
> top-level names which ICANN does oversee are claimed by some to be
> content and these identifiers must be explicitly carved out of the
> prohibition on regulating content.

I thought we had agreed that this was just a drafting issue.

Nobody wants the outcome you fear, so it can be left to the lawyers to
ensure that that outcome is avoided. As I have said, I have no problem
with a suitable drafting note to lawyers being attached.

Let's not further confuse the issue on which there appears to be a more
fundamental conflict with one which is just a question of checking that
the final wording proposed by the lawyers does reflect our shared intent.