[CCWG-ACCT] Implications of bottom-up "policy" requirement

Alan Greenberg alan.greenberg at mcgill.ca
Thu Nov 12 17:51:00 UTC 2015

David, there are several issues here.

PICs were not developed through a bottom-up process, although they
were subject to comment processes at various times.

However, PICs are documented in Spec 11 of the registry
agreements.  Spec 1 is the explicit list of what topics can be the
subject of a GNSO PDP, and for whatever reason (you can attribute it
to incompetence or conspiracy), PIC are not in the list.

My worry is that PICs, or virtually any part of a contract might be
able to be struck down by and IRP because they were not developed in
a bottom-up MS process, but there is no way to use the bottom-up MS
process to replace them.

Alan