[CCWG-ACCT] RES: Stress Test 18: bylaw amendment suggestion

Roelof Meijer Roelof.Meijer at sidn.nl
Thu Nov 12 20:14:14 UTC 2015

Milton,

See below

Best,

Roelof

From: "Mueller, Milton L" <milton at gatech.edu<mailto:milton at gatech.edu>>
Date: donderdag 12 november 2015 16:38
To: Roelof Meijer <roelof.meijer at sidn.nl<mailto:roelof.meijer at sidn.nl>>, "accountability-cross-community at icann.org<mailto:accountability-cross-community at icann.org>" <accountability-cross-community at icann.org<mailto:accountability-cross-community at icann.org>>
Subject: RE: [CCWG-ACCT] RES: Stress Test 18: bylaw amendment suggestion

Roelof:
The Noncommercial Stakeholders Group (NCSG) in its comments on the last round said that it opposed including the GAC in the community enforcement mechanism. And we provided many good reasons for that position. By including them in the SD mechanism, the current proposal seems to be “ignoring the position of a major stakeholder group.”

Can you answer two questions for me?

1.       Do you not consider NCSG a major stakeholder group?

On the contrary, I do consider the NCSG as a stakeholder group

2.       Do you think it is OK to ignore our position?

No I don’t and I don’t. But to me, the multistakeholdermodel does not mean that ALL stakeholders ALWAYS get ALL their wishes fulfilled. Would be nice, but does not work. Which the GAC realized, so they shifted. Nice to haves, should haves, must haves…

Dr. Milton L. Mueller
Professor, School of Public Policy
Georgia Institute of Technology