[CCWG-ACCT] RES: Stress Test 18: bylaw amendment suggestion

Megan.Richards at ec.europa.eu Megan.Richards at ec.europa.eu
Fri Nov 13 05:54:39 UTC 2015

Milton let's stick to the facts in this discussion. You claim that "I don’t think you are correct that the GAC has shifted its position. If it can redefine consensus to move away from true consensus (no objection) to some kind of a majority, it is still trying to retain the potential to offer by-law privileged “advice” without having the assent of all governments. This is just playing a word game, not changing its position."

Please show me where it is indicated in any of the GAC discussions, communiques, exchanges that GAC definition of consensus should be limited. I for one have never seen it and this is not what stress test 18 language says.

Further, it would be most unusual for GAC members to want to call majority "consensus". What makes you think that all the governments participating in GAC would wish to do that even if they could?

Sent from my iPhone. Please excuse any typing errors