[CCWG-ACCT] RES: Stress Test 18: bylaw amendment suggestion

Schaefer, Brett Brett.Schaefer at heritage.org
Fri Nov 13 13:43:34 UTC 2015

Olga,

As stated in my earlier email, currently the Board, if it decides not to follow GAC advice, it is obligated to "try, in good faith and in a timely and efficient manner, to find a mutually acceptable solution." In other words, the Board currently has to make a good faith effort or “try” to find a compromise solution, but if the effort is unfruitful, the Board’s decision is final.

Pedro proposes making a mutually acceptable solution and implementation compulsory -- "where that advice, if not followed, requires finding mutually agreed solutions for implementation of that advice." Pedro’s proposal would “require” or compel Board to find a compromise with the GAC.

If that is not his intent, he should make clear that he misspoke and is not proposing any change to that language.

Best,

Brett