[CCWG-ACCT] Attempt to summarize discussion regarding Mission and Contract

Robin Gross robin at ipjustice.org
Fri Nov 13 16:05:49 UTC 2015

Dear Co-Chairs,

Please note that there is NO consensus to remove the language from the 2nd draft which has already twice received consensus in both drafts and public comment periods.  This is a significant Process Violation if you do so.

It is imperative that the text from the 2nd draft be included in the document until a new text finds consensus within the group.  Unless and until that happens it is a violation of our charter to remove consensus language and by doing so, the co-chairs risk the final document not being approved by the GNSO Council.

The language never would have gotten into the report had it NOT had previous consensus, and re-opening the draft (based on an unrelated issue: switching to Designator) is not an acceptable way to remove it now.  There is no consensus to remove that language and until a new consensus is achieved, it must remain.  I am hopeful we can find the agreement, but until that happens, this will be a major Process Violation, which is likely to kill the acceptance of the overall report.  I suggest you take this Process Violation seriously.

Robin