[CCWG-ACCT] 17 UTC deadline for final edits

Mueller, Milton L milton at gatech.edu
Fri Nov 13 16:40:07 UTC 2015

Here is my one "content related comment."

On p. 21 it says "The CCWG-Accountability is yet to reach consensus on the proposed language that is intended to address contract enforcement and regulation."

This is not an accurate representation of the situation as far as I can tell.

Let me help by providing alternative language.  On p. 21 after enumerating the parts of ICANN's mission there is a statement:

The Mission Statement further clarifies that ICANN shall act strictly in accordance with, and only as
reasonably appropriate to achieve its Mission.

I proposed to add to this:

The CCWG recommended that:
- ICANN is not to regulate services that use the Internet's unique
identifiers, or the content that such services carry or provide.
- ICANN is to have the ability to enforce agreements with contracted
parties (entities that have signed agreements with ICANN in relation to
top level domain names)

Currently, there is not a consensus on the specific wording of these recommendations

--MM